Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Homemade Deodorant


I have used "organic" & "natural" store bought deodorants for at least 10 years. Recently, I realized that the very one I had been using contained Alum in it. What the heck?!?!??!!! Feeling taken advantage of and kind of stupid for not being more proactive, I started shopping for a replacement. Looking online, I found a very organic deodorant from a small operation in Maryland that seemed suitable. However, the asking price was $10.00 for 3 ounces. I DON'T THINK SO! 
So, for the past week, I have been using my own homemade version of deodorant. It's working nicely and I'm pleased.

Here is the "recipe" if you are interested. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1/2 cup Witch Hazel
1/2 cup distilled water
1 tsp of Baking Soda
1/4 tsp of Corn Starch


I put all the above ingredients in a pretty green bottle and shook it up. 
To use, I just pour a little in my hand and rub in on. It dries quickly.










2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post! I'm allergic to all kinds of stuff and I like the fact that I'm not allergic to any of these ingredients. I was using two different clinical strength deodorants at one time and they weren't working. This stuff seems to be working for me though. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, I hope that it continues to work for you. I too have gobs of allergies, so the more natural, the better. I tweaked my "solution" a bit by adding some more baking soda just to give me a bit more odor protection.

    ReplyDelete